*LIVING WORD DEVOTIONAL*
_Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming our Lord Jesus Christ._ *1 Thessalonians 5:23*
Consecration simply says: separate yourself from uncleanness and dedicate it to God for a higher purpose. One of the earliest Bible references to the act of consecration is in Joshua 3:5. After wondering in the wilderness for 40 years, the Israelites were commanded to consecrate themselves before entering the Promised Land. By this command, they were assured that God would be in their midst and do great and awesome things for them.
Francis Ridely Havergal wrote the hymn “Take My Life And Let It Be” which was a true reflection of her personal consecration to Christ, which now has great influence in the Christian world today. Each stanza is the exact of Scripture’s call to consecrate your Spirit, Soul and Body of Christ. –Take my life; Take my hands; Take my voice; Take my silver and gold; Take my will; Take my love.
• Consecrate your Spirit so you can always connect with your spiritual Father. God Should not visit you while you are not ready like Adam and Eve — Genesis 3:9-10
• Consecrate your Soul so you can have a pure conscience that pleases God and willing to mediate on His Word – 1 Peter 3:21
• Consecrate your Body so you will always bring your body under the discipline of Christ and manifest His character on earth – Acts 11:26
Without a full surrender to Christ, you cannot have the full benefits of your redemption in Christ.
If you are saved, you have taken the initial step of your spiritual journey. The next step for you is to consecrate yourself to the Lord. When you do, you will be kept in God’s way, grow in His grace, and enjoy full riches of His salvation.
*Prayer:* _O Lord, I consecrate my spirit, soul and body to you._
*Scriptural Reading:* 1 Thessalonians 5:20-24
20 Do not despise prophecies.
21 Test all things; hold fast what i s good.
22 Abstain from every form of evil.
Blessing and Admonition
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
*40 Day Of Power*
With Pastor Mensa Otabil
DAY 3 – JUNE 22
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. – *1 Thessalonians 5:23*
*Personal – 5am to 8am*
1. Ask the Lord to sanctify you and grant you the grace to overcome any besetting sin.
2. Ask God for the patience to trust in His word as you wait on Him today in fasting and prayer.
3. Make this declaration today: “O Lord, I consecrate my spirit, soul and body to You; may nothing dwell in me except Your love and awesome presence.”
*Family and Church – 8am to 11am*
4. Dedicate your entire family to God today and ask Him to set them apart unto Himself; pray that your family will experience a supernatural turnaround in Jesus’ name.
5. Ask God to renew the minds, thoughts and ideas of every member of your family from worldly and temporary things and set them on eternal and godly things that bring Him honour.
6. Ask the Lord to consecrate the church and lead her in righteousness and purity; pray that every believer will desire to live a holy and acceptable life unto Him.
*Productivity, Career and Business – 11am to 2pm*
7. Surrender the work of your hands to the Lord and dedicate to Him every office space and equipment you use in executing your tasks.
8. Receive God’s grace and wisdom to positively influence decisions and persuasions at your workplace.
9. Ask the Lord to connect you to your destiny helpers and partners who will help you grow in productivity in your career or business.
*Nation, Continent and Global – 2pm to 5pm*
10. Pray for a massive outpouring of the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ and ask God to renew the hearts and minds of every believer across the nation.
11. Pray for the righteousness of God to be exalted over all the nations of the world as we dedicate them to Him today.
12. Thank God for a nationwide consecration as we commit every town, city, and region to Him; pray that people will have divine encounters as they go about their daily lives.
*Declaration – 8pm*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that I am more than a conqueror. Today, I boldly confess that I am the righteousness of God; as He is in heaven, so am I on earth. I am set apart for God’s own purpose. Therefore, I will walk in truth and uprightness. I will wait on the Lord for He is my salvation. Amen!